Skip to content
Community online
Aa

Text size

Changes this browser only.

Adjust individual areas

Channel Surfing the Past

Started by Bob

More
Discussion

I've been building virtual channels that stream from my 60TB Plex server, mostly for viewing on a 27" CRT. The lineup so far:

  • 85: Retro at Nite

  • 86: Toon Network

  • 87: Sci-Fi Channel

  • 88: Retro Prime

  • 89: Chiller

I'm also recreating old-school bumpers and commercials to give it that authentic broadcast feel. None of this would have been practical for one person a few years ago, but AI has made it far easier, from scripting and organizing the channels to recreating the visuals and audio.


More options
Post #1More options
Chiller-Logo-v3.pngToon-Network-Transparent.png








Retro-Sci-Fi-Transparent.pngRetro-at-Nite-Logo.png










Retro-Prime-Logo.png
More options
Post #2More options

Seasons 6 through 12 of My Three Sons aren't available on DVD that I know of, so I've been recording them off Catchy Comedy with Channels DVR. Then I use AI to clean them up for my virtual channel by removing the network bugs and on-screen graphics and cutting the commercials.

The "Coming up next" cards, like the one in this shot (Red Tape Romance), are generated automatically. The episode title comes through on its own, so the channel runs itself like real broadcast TV.



IMG_5149.jpeg
More options
Post #3More options

Reply to this discussion

Log in to reply.